About BoM.

TheVeryFirst

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1536 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

This has been talked about and talked about but I still don’t understand. And instead of starting yet another conversation I will just ask a simple question... do I need a system skin to use BoM?

My skin is an applier and I can’t get BoM to work with it and still use system clothing with BoM.

I’m not buying any skin in the foreseeable future, so am I dead in the water as far as BoM is concerned?

1 answer to this question

Yes, to use BOM you will need a system skin, and no, it will not work with an applier, the whole point of BOM is to get rid of the appliers and let the SL server bake all texture layers together into a single image and apply that to the BOM body, if you make BOM applier compatible, you still need high complexity body's with different layers and that defies the purpose.

You can however check with your skin manufacturer if they have a system version of your skin available, most skin creators are creating updated packages for their products with a system skin included in the package, if your skin creator does not, you can write him or her a note card or an IM to softly nudge them to reconsider :)

Until then, i'm afraid you are stuck to your old body and yeah... dead in the water...

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1536 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.