If you own a region worth of mainland can you homestead?

Mariamne Falconer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4766 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Thanks everyone for the replies. It's just hard coming up with that initial $1000 to get a full region and the $295 a month, ouch. I was just wondering if getting a region worth of mainland could get around that initial expense and then I could get a homestead island which would be more feasible for me. Thanks anyway. Sounds like I would have to come up with the $1000.00. That won't be happening for a while :). I will be content with my piece of mainland for now. Thanks again.

Not sure you can get rid of a full sim after getting a homestead. Full sim = 15000 prims, Homestead = 3750. 3750 x 4 = 15000. Full sim is $295/mo and Homestead is $125/mo maintenance. Full sim $1000; 4 Homesteads $375 x 4 = $1500, $125 x 4 = $500/mo for 15000 prims.

Consider full sim divided into 4 3750's, average low price i seen for 3750 prims is 7500L a week. 4 weeks worth of tier depending on linden rates should be $125 US or around that figure. At the moment say $30 US buys you 7500L, $30 x 4 = $120 for just 4 weeks on 1/4 full sim. Say you rent out 3/4 the sim that is $360 US with $65 profit.

Mainland is Linden land and you are restricted to what you can do rightswise ie: no terraforming. If you are planning to rent or sale out land a full sim may be profitable divided into 4 plots of 3750 prims versus obviously a homestead. Just my thoughts on the subject as my friend rents out skyboxes and had previously landlorded both full  and homestead sims. In the end she would have been better off by buying a full sim considering how much she has spent in tiers these past 2 1/2 years .  :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4766 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.