non-phys vehicle disappears underneath me while in motion

Lucerius Zeffirelli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi All,

OK, this is very strange and never in my 12 years in-world had I encountered this.   I'm here at Animesh5 just now testing out a non-phys vehicle I created when all of a sudden my vehicle disappears out from under me without a trace.  There are two other people on the sim with me.  The vehicle was not sent to lost and found, just simply vanished from under me while I was sitting on it and in motion.  The vehicle permissions had been set to Copy, no mod, no trans.  I was approximately 1000 meters above the ground on a platform .   Anyone have any ideas what happened?   Is there any way that another avatar could have deleted or taken my vehicle through a 3rd party viewer?

2 answers to this question

After testing this on a couple of other sims, it turns out that it's some kind of script conflict which is making the vehicle disappear.  I've been able to reproduce this 5/5 times on an empty sim, so I think it's safe to disregard the abuse/griefing element of the previous question.  However, for my own knowledge, and for the knowledge of any future seekers, I'd still like to know if it's possible for a 3rd party viewer to delete or take other people's vehicles(or any other object for that matter) out from under them.  Anyone have any ideas?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Lucerius Zeffirelli said:

I'd still like to know if it's possible for a 3rd party viewer to delete or take other people's vehicles(or any other object for that matter) out from under them. 

no

ps. As this incident shows, not everything is a result of griefing. Programs can sometimes just go wonky

Edited by Mollymews
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.