Sign in to follow this  
CelineAurore

Several avatars at the same time

Question

Dear Friends!

Is it possible to play with several avatars at the same time with different accounts but on the same computer?

Thank you and wish you a nice day!

Celine

2 answers to this question

Yes!

It helps to have a system with multiple monitors, or at least one really big monitor.

There are at least two ways to do this.  You can install several different viewers, and have one avatar use Firestorm 32, another use Firestorm 64, another Catznip, and still another the LL viewer.

Or, you can simple insert the command -multiple in the viewer's start command.  Find this by right clicking the desktop shortcut for the viewer and choose "Properties".  Then look at the "Target" box.  Mine says, "C:\Program Files\SecondLifeViewer\SecondLifeViewer.exe" --set InstallLanguage en      exactly as shown here, quotes and all.  To run multiple instances of the viewer, I'd add another entry like the  -set InstallLanguage en     but it would be      -multiple      Note that there must be a space before the leading dash.

To run your avatars, just open the viewer and log in your first avatar as you normally would.  Then reduce the window size so you can get at the desktop shortcut, and just go ahead and open it up again, then log in your second avatar, just as you did the first one.  Position and size your windows to taste. 

The biggest trap in running multiple avatars is messing up and typing something in Avatar A's chat that you meant to have Avatar B say.  This can prove VERY embarrassing, so keep track!

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had to revisit this thread, because I re-read the title, and suddenly had a completely different idea about the subject of the discussion!

Menage-a-bunch, anyone?

• Haha 1