Typing sound stuck on my end

N1ghtHunter98

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1777 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I ended up buying a typer sound that does not want to go away. Am i going to have to reinstall my game to get rid of it or is there a way to get rid of it without having to do that? According to my friend it is only on my end that it is doing it. He cant hear it on his end.

1 answer to this question

You haven't given us enough information to know what the 'typer-sound' is to know how to remove it. If it came from the marketplace, give us a link.

Because only you can hear it, it has to be local. So, it probably is. The typers I see in the mp are all attachments. Typically those around you can hear an attachment and they can be found in the Appearance Panel's Worn tab.  

I did not find any that install in the viewer's install folder. So, I doubt a reinstall will remove it. The majority of avatar-things live server side. So, a reinstall has no effect.

You should be able to contact the creator of the 'typer' to figure out how to remove it. Also, look to see if it came with note card instructions on how to install and use it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1777 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.