Skin match

PollyPoppins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1786 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I'm very new to SL so this might be a simple question but having bought a Maitreya body I'm now looking at heads. The demo I so far like is a Genus head but having adjusted the colour of the head to be as close a match as possible to the body there is still a noticeable line of colour difference at the neck line. Is there a fix for this or do I basically have to keep trying other head brands until i find a perfect match?

The start skins on the body and heads are really just that.  Starters.  To get a match between head and body, you will need skin appliers.  There are lots of good stores but what you want is someplace that will sell appliers for your head and your body.

Now, with that out of the way, the Maitreya body uses skin made by Glam Affair as their starters.  If you want to use the Genus head with you current skin the best bet would be to see if Glam Affair makes a Genus applier for their skins.  A quick google search told me that they do indeed carry appliers for Genus.  Here is one example.

DOROTA_ad.jpg

[eta] I also just stopped by their store in world to be sure.
Store: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Beauty Avatar couture/181/46/35
Genus section: https://gyazo.com/b7a1edc8d7d37e0174c53466ca5b34be
They have several skins made just for Genus.
[end edit]

LeLutka heads also use Glam Affair skins so that is an option -- and while I wear LeLutka 90% of the time I will say that matching the starter skins is not the best reason to choose a head.  You really need to find the head shape you like first and foremost.  Matching skins can be had all over the place.

Edited by Rhonda Huntress

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1786 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.