Any Way for SL to Support Fullbody Tracking?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1838 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there!  Just a legitimate question...

So, I really want to learn how to dance. I know there's videos on YouTube (I actually have a particular style I want to learn specifically, and found the perfect tuber who does tutorials) but I was wondering, does SL have any way for fullbody tracking to become possible?

I say this because I've seen videos of people in VRchat using the tracking to dance in real life, making their avatar copy their movements and dance, also. I wanted to try this, but with SL... I think it would be very cool for me to practice, learn, and get comfortable with people watching. 

Some of you might think, "Why not just do this in VRchat then? Why do you need SL to do this at all?" Well, for one, VRchat isn't the best community, and I don't like it as much. To answer the second question, I don't neeeeeed SL in order to teach myself how to dance, I just think that it would make the learning process more fun for me. Plus I'd actually have a reason to go out and dance, like putting on shows for people in-world and such, or perhaps learning from another player - like dance classes here could have so much potential, I think.

But yeah, that's pretty much it! Thank you in advance to anyone who's able to give their input (:

1 hour ago, Edohrou said:

Hi there!  Just a legitimate question...

So, I really want to learn how to dance. I know there's videos on YouTube (I actually have a particular style I want to learn specifically, and found the perfect tuber who does tutorials) but I was wondering, does SL have any way for fullbody tracking to become possible?

I say this because I've seen videos of people in VRchat using the tracking to dance in real life, making their avatar copy their movements and dance, also. I wanted to try this, but with SL... I think it would be very cool for me to practice, learn, and get comfortable with people watching. 

Some of you might think, "Why not just do this in VRchat then? Why do you need SL to do this at all?" Well, for one, VRchat isn't the best community, and I don't like it as much. To answer the second question, I don't neeeeeed SL in order to teach myself how to dance, I just think that it would make the learning process more fun for me. Plus I'd actually have a reason to go out and dance, like putting on shows for people in-world and such, or perhaps learning from another player - like dance classes here could have so much potential, I think.

But yeah, that's pretty much it! Thank you in advance to anyone who's able to give their input 🙂

No. With the way Second Life handles animation there's very little chance of that ever being possible. It may be possible in Sansar though - they're putting in body tracking.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1838 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.