Collapsing mesh

Natalia Genna

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1989 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Has anyone seen this before? I am using the classic skeleton rig from the wiki library. It's not avastar. for some reason some of the mesh collapses like the weights didn't transfer. I have am using Blender 2.7.  It seems to attach itself and wear ok on the front limbs and that's it plus it's a long way away from or away from the model. Everything works well in blender until I export. I have read about the change in the bones. Don't really know if that effects the export and upload but if anyone could give me a clue as to why is collapses once I apply rigging and weighting I would appreciate it.  A bit of a novice at SL and the SL rigging but it should work unless the collada file doesn't export all of the weights. Not sure. Please help. I have attached some pics.  There is one showing before and after the weights have been applied. The model is there just for reference.

MainAvatarProblem.png

MainAvatarProblemA.png

4 hours ago, Natalia Genna said:

Has anyone seen this before?

Yes, it collapses like that because Blender doesn't support bindposes, and rigging a fitted mesh requires the collision volume bones to have specific scale values at binding time (which Blender doesn't support)

So, basically, everything is working, considering that you've bound the mesh to collision volume bones with a scale of 1,1,1 and the collision volume bones are supposed to have something around 0.05 in all axis (each one has its specific value and they're not always uniform). Therefore what you see is a "scaled down bone" deformation, which squeezes the mesh inwards like that.

The solution may be this:

1) research what all the scale values should be for each collision volume bone

2) add them to the appropriate bones as custom attributes/properties

3) Export using the SL/OpenSim preset, it should retain the custom attribute/properties, overriding those found on those bones

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1989 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.