Notecard in inventory

LissomePrey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1958 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I made two small "safety" checks in the script that should avoid the most likely problems.  First, you'll notice that I put a llSleep of 0.2 seconds between the outgoing "Ping!" messages, so that the responding "Pong!" messages don't all pile up.  The script shouldn't hit a 64 message cap. Second, I shut off the timer as soon as you click a dialog button, so that the script doesn't generate a new dialog box right on top of the text box that you are trying to type in.  The timer starts again when you Submit the text message.  If I were developing this into a real HUD tool, I would give more thought to the length of that llSleep and the possibility of having a huge number of potential people wearing HUDs in the region.  I might also be more careful about how frequently the script refreshes the target list.  Fifteen seconds may be overkill (or not).There are probably more elegant ways to handle huge crowds, in general.  In my experience, though, it's unusual to have more than 15 - 20 people all wanting to do the same thing in most regions, so I didn't bother with those (possibly important) edge considerations in this basic script.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1958 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.