can't select my land from list of TP/destination options when submitting events in search - why?

Avia Dionysus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2020 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't know if this is the right forum section for this question but I can't see a better option really... hoping someone can help. I've run a club/community in the same location on the same sim for about 4 yrs. I hadn't been listing our events in search for quite some time and tried to start doing that again today, then I remembered why I stopped in the first place. The system won't allow me to select the actual location of the venue on my group deeded land (I own both group and land) for the section on where you want the listing to teleport people to. I do have "host events on group land" enabled in the group parcel powers section. 

In the drop-down menu for teleport destiantion on the "submit event" form, there are pre-approved locations I can choose from. Although 3 are on my sim, all are ground level and none of them is where the events actually take place (which is at 2500m up in the sky). I have an option to teleport people to my private home, which is not what I want, or to 2 other locations which are on the ground and teleport you into a mountain with ban lines in your face as it's right on the border where my land meets the neighbours. 

I seem to remember years ago I was able to do this without issue on my old sim. What am I missing? 

If there is a better forum section for this please let me know. Thx in advance. 

Cheers all!

Avia D.

4 hours ago, Avia Dionysus said:

I don't know if this is the right forum section for this question but I can't see a better option really... hoping someone can help. I've run a club/community in the same location on the same sim for about 4 yrs. I hadn't been listing our events in search for quite some time and tried to start doing that again today, then I remembered why I stopped in the first place. The system won't allow me to select the actual location of the venue on my group deeded land (I own both group and land) for the section on where you want the listing to teleport people to. I do have "host events on group land" enabled in the group parcel powers section. 

In the drop-down menu for teleport destiantion on the "submit event" form, there are pre-approved locations I can choose from. Although 3 are on my sim, all are ground level and none of them is where the events actually take place (which is at 2500m up in the sky). I have an option to teleport people to my private home, which is not what I want, or to 2 other locations which are on the ground and teleport you into a mountain with ban lines in your face as it's right on the border where my land meets the neighbours. 

I seem to remember years ago I was able to do this without issue on my old sim. What am I missing? 

If there is a better forum section for this please let me know. Thx in advance. 

Cheers all!

Avia D.

Did you set a landing point for the club?  My guess is that if you haven't set one the events page won't find the club location 

• Like 1

On 10/19/2018 at 4:05 AM, Cindy Evanier said:

Did you set a landing point for the club?  My guess is that if you haven't set one the events page won't find the club location 

Hey Cindy, 

Yes, we have had it set to the same landing point for about 4 years. I had previously had it set to teleport routing anywhere, though in trying to fix this issue I did try forcing TP to the set landing point and still doesn't seem to make any difference. Here is a screenshot of our settings and here is a screenshot of the drop down options I have available when I go to submit an event through the second life website. 

I also thought I should check to make sure I have "allowed to host events on this land" enabled in parcel powers and it is. 

I still can't select that landing point from my drop down menu when trying to submit an event to search which is very frustrating! Not sure what else to do. Open to suggestions...

Thx, 

Avia

Edited by Avia Dionysus

13 minutes ago, Avia Dionysus said:

Hey Cindy, 

Yes, we have had it set to the same landing point for about 4 years. I had previously had it set to teleport routing anywhere, though in trying to fix this issue I did try forcing TP to the set landing point and still doesn't seem to make any difference. Here is a screenshot of our settings and here is a screenshot of the drop down options I have available when I go to submit an event through the second life website. 

I also thought I should check to make sure I have "allowed to host events on this land" enabled in parcel powers and it is. 

I still can't select that landing point from my drop down menu when trying to submit an event to search which is very frustrating! Not sure what else to do. Open to suggestions...

Thx, 

Avia

Nothing is standing out to me in your screen shots as wrong.  Who owns the parcel?  Is that covered by one of these?

• You personally own the parcel and it is at least 512 square meters in size.
  • The parcel is owned by a group that you are an owner of, or that you have the 'host events' ability for, and is at least 512 square meters.
  • The parcel is in a private island that you are on the access list of, and is at least 512 square meters.
  • The parcel belongs to Governor Linden and is set to show in Search Places as a Hangout.
  • The parcel belongs to a friend, it is set to show in Search Places as a Hangout, and is at least 512 square meters.

ETA sorry I read your OP again about group owned.  Is it set or deeded to group?

Edited by Cindy Evanier

On 10/21/2018 at 6:02 PM, Cindy Evanier said:

Nothing is standing out to me in your screen shots as wrong.  Who owns the parcel?  Is that covered by one of these?

• You personally own the parcel and it is at least 512 square meters in size.
  • The parcel is owned by a group that you are an owner of, or that you have the 'host events' ability for, and is at least 512 square meters.
  • The parcel is in a private island that you are on the access list of, and is at least 512 square meters.
  • The parcel belongs to Governor Linden and is set to show in Search Places as a Hangout.
  • The parcel belongs to a friend, it is set to show in Search Places as a Hangout, and is at least 512 square meters.

ETA sorry I read your OP again about group owned.  Is it set or deeded to group?

HI Cindy, 

Thx again. I own the land, and the group it is deeded to. Yes it is deeded to group. I contacted my sim estate mgmt people to ensure estate settings allow for what I am trying to do and the rep told me that it is an LL limitation and all I can do is keep the forced landing point. They said that no matter where I route people on my land, the forced landing point will bounce them up to that set point on the land, and that I am just not experiencing it because it is my land and so it won't force me because I can TP anywhere since I am land owner. 

Sighs.... LL limitations. Doesn't make any sense at all that I cannot tell SL search where on my own land to route people through from search! It's arbitrarily chosen the mountain divider between me and my neighbours so I guess forced landing point will have to be the solution. I already have it set, just need to get someone to test it now. 

Thx for your time. 

Cheers, 

Avia

Edited by Avia Dionysus
typo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2020 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.