Selling deeded land

Rumour Ghost

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2070 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Ive two different parcels of land deeded to my own Land group.  I want to sell one of them so do I simply subtract that Land area contribution to the group then resell it back to myself so its no longer group owned land?

OR

Simply sell it as is, as Ive set my group up that only the Owner receives any dividends and not the members of the group?

Just being very cautious as the money for the sale is to come to me. Ive read all the responses but just want to be double sure on what to do and thanks everyone in advance :)

2 answers to this question

Either way will work, but the second method is the simplest, since you say you have your group "receive dividends" ability only set for you, the owner of the group.  Once the land sells, you can remove your tier contribution to the group and reduce your tier level.

Oh...one possible reason you might choose the other method.  It can take a day or two for a land sale to be processed and the proceeds distributed to you through your group.  Your first method gets you the proceeds immediately upon sale.  CAUTION:  If you go this route, remove your tier contribution to the group FIRST, before you sell the land to yourself, to avoid being charged double tier for the current billing cycle.  SECOND CAUTION:  Set the land to sell ONLY to yourself, not to "Anyone".  Although landbots are now against TOS, I have heard people say that there are still some flitting about, looking for bargains.

And some un-asked for advice:  Be sure to put a "For Sale" sign on the land.  If the land has a lot of good selling points, use a sign that will give a notecard on touch to enumerate them.  And for heaven's sake, remove any banlines you have up.  I can't tell you how many times I've tried to visit a parcel for sale that was walled off by banlines.

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2070 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.