I can't login SL via Ascent, Phoenix, Viewer 2.

vovan2010

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4747 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

After two month absence in SL I've tried today to login SL via Phoenix, Ascent and veiwer 2 but unsuccessfully.

The system show me window with follow text: "Unable to connect to the grid. Often this means theat your computer's clock is set incorrectly. Please go to Control Panels and make sure the time and date are set correctly. If you continue to receive this error, please go to the Support section of Second Life.com web site and report the problem.

May be anybody knows how to resolve the matter? I'm playing from working place in office and sure we have proxy server. May be it's connected somehow with this problem? Two monthes ago it was no problem to launch SL via any viewer but now it's impossible to do via any of them.

1 answer to this question

Checkout this post by Lexie Linden: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Technical/Second-Life-gives-me-an-error-message-about-being-quot-Unable-to/qaq-p/696411

Also from a previous answer by Cerise on the clock error issue:

Every once in a while, especially on a Mac with a tired battery, I find that sometimes I have to turn the network time syncing off, then on again, to make the function work for real. When this error happens, it very often turns out that the date and time look OK, but the wrong year is up there. OS X likes to set this to 2001 by default, so this year in particular it is really easy to miss, and it will be good to give that another look.

You can try https://login.agni.lindenlab.com/cgi-bin/login.cgi in a regular web browser. If the connection works OK, you should get a  "405 Method Not Allowed" error. If you can't connect, there is probably a network or firewall problem to hunt down.

The real meaning of the "time set incorrectly" error is that the viewer was not able to verify the SSL certificate at the beginning of the login process. Time is mentioned because SSL will fail if it looks like the certificate is expired, but that is not the only problem that can cause this error. If anything goes wrong with the SSL connection you get that message. A complete reinstall of the viewer, and cleared settings might help.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4747 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.