HUD Texture Changer Script

Lara Aulder

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2159 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello :) 

I'm looking for a script to make a HUD for my textures, but i'm a newbie :) I need two scripts, one for the mesh object and one for the HUD change by UUID. That's the only way I know for now... Does anyone knows where can I find a texture changer script without spend too much money? I'm looking for something "cheap" and functional, for beginners...

Edited by Lara Aulder

Is this for items you plan to sell? If so, I would suggest looking for a script that will encrypt / encode your texture UUIDs. These will be more expensive than the scripts that leave the UUIDs visible to customers. Brands that sell scripts with this feature include PXL, KinetikTech and .:*BoSH*:. but I am sure there are more.

If you are happy to leave your texture UUIDs visible, there are lots of cheap scripts available on the Marketplace, just search for "texture change HUD" and find something at a price you are happy with that has a few decent reviews. These scripts will cover off both the mesh object and the HUD. As for ease of use, if you find using the script confusing, setting up a really big and complex HUD probably should not be your first project, do something basic first (eg a mesh object with only one face).

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

Is this for items you plan to sell? If so, I would suggest looking for a script that will encrypt / encode your texture UUIDs. These will be more expensive than the scripts that leave the UUIDs visible to customers. Brands that sell scripts with this feature include PXL, KinetikTech and .:*BoSH*:. but I am sure there are more.

If you are happy to leave your texture UUIDs visible, there are lots of cheap scripts available on the Marketplace, just search for "texture change HUD" and find something at a price you are happy with that has a few decent reviews. These scripts will cover off both the mesh object and the HUD. As for ease of use, if you find using the script confusing, setting up a really big and complex HUD probably should not be your first project, do something basic first (eg a mesh object with only one face).

Thanks for explain about the encrypt / encode thing. How people stole your UUID without the texture inside the folder?

Unfortunately 3,000L it's not what i'm looking for now, (or never). Probably I would buy the BOSH script in future. For now I found one for 150L which fits perfect for my dollarbies gifts.

7 hours ago, Lara Aulder said:

Thanks for explain about the encrypt / encode thing. How people stole your UUID without the texture inside the folder?

Not in world to check for sure, but from memory if the UUID is unencrypted it shows up in the description of the HUD prims you use to select each texture (if it is encrypted you will see some random text instead). So all people have to do is edit and inspect your HUD object to steal the textures you are using.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2159 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.