Are we allowed to embed pictures from the Marketplace?

Braclo Eber

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4748 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I know sites like flickr allow this and ask in return your dont remove the html that takes the user to flickr when they click on the image. Instead of uploading all 10 images to flickr, I was wondering if I'm allowed to embed the preview pictures from my store in the marketplace to my blog. I recently launched new products and want to make a blog post about it too.

Sorry if this is a silly question, but some sites really dont like when you embed their stuff, so best to make sure first then ^^

PS: The new marketplace search for store or merchant name and store search is awesome!

5 answers to this question

You want to be able to go to the listings in the Marketplace from the pictures in your blog yes? If thats what you are asking then yeah I have seen people do that before.

I assume you are not just asking if you can use the pictures, since the pictures were yours to start with and you could simply add them to Photobucket or whereever to use on your blog.

• Like 1

Thats the thing, I wondered if I can skip the step of putting them on photobucket or flickr in my case and just embed them from the Marketplace. Since its my pics I gues there is no problems, but just asking since some websites have their rules about embedding content from their site.

As I say I have seen people leave the pic clickable to take people back to their listing so if thats allowed I cant see why just showing the pic wouldn`t be.

Having said that, if the point of the blog is a form of advertising for your products you may as well make them clickable anyway...Someone may want to buy them :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4748 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.