International payments now working??? NO!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4748 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

[RESOLVED 8:58 AM]  Issue with Local Payments has been resolved, and billing has returned to normal processing.

No they have not!!!

It has been over a month since Payment servers have refused to process my perfectly valid functional credit card and despite trying to re-link it this morning after this announcement the process still times out due to the servers' problems admitted to by Payment support. I am quite desparate. I can't buy LIndens at all, except thru a 3rd party xchange (they can process my card!). I am worn out trying to report these probs to support - who then try and get me to ring the Isle of Mann from Australia, instead of fixing the problem. It is very sad when a hard working 4 year old avi who has contributed a lot to SL is considering leaving because of something like this. I can't stand this anymore. As an international user in Australia I feel I am being discriminated against and left out in the cold.

If you have a credit card on file with Linden Lab, you're still using the old payment system. The new local payment system is handled by third party payment processors. Unless you see something like this when purchasing L$...

payment options.png

...you might want to contact the support and ask that your account be switched to the new local payment system, which should have less problems with your cc and also accepts additional payment options (such as direct debit), depending on your home country.

"Local payment system" is Lindenish for "international payment system" :)

New residents from other countries than the USA use a local(ized) third party payment processor. But older accounts which already had payment info on file when the new system was introduced have to contact support in order to be switched to this new system. Although it should also kick in when you delete your existing payment info.

My payment hasn't gone through and when I check payment method it says I don't have any method on file.

I also get a message saying my bill hasn't been paid and I had an e-mail threatening to suspend my account if  I don't pay in 7 days.  

There's nothing wrong with my track record, I've always paid my tier and I still could if the system would let me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4748 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.