Auto rezzer

shaun82

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1563 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello

I am trying to write or seeking a script that I know exists, however I cant find it and the only version of it I know exists is no mod so I cant see the 'guts' of it. 

I have no knowledge when it comes to writing scripts, although is something I am interested in learning about as is on area of SL I am yet to explore

I need an auto rezzer that will rez anything I put in it, I need it to rez the item just above the prim the script is in, and would like it to auto rez when the currently rezzed item is taken away. 

I know this exists, it is used within a farming system that I am part of, however the 'Auto rezzer' comes as part of a freebie pack. The script inside is as I mentioned no mod, but I cannot seem to contact the creator of it.  I wish to have my own script so that I can go ahead and sell the item(s) I create that contain the script. Currently I have made the item using the 'free' auto rezzer. For personal use, but feel it would be wrong to then go ahead and sell the script I have got for free.

Any help with this would be much appreciated

Thank you for your time

Shaun

If you want to learn more about rezzing objects by script, I suggest you take a look at the wiki article on the function llRezAtRoot.   

I'm not sure what you mean by "taken away" in this context, but probably the simplest way to do it is to use the http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Object_rez event to grab the uuid of the object you rez and then call http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlSensorRepeat to check on its position every few seconds. Set the range of the scan to the maximum distance from the rezzer you are prepared to allow it to move before a new object replaces it.   If the sensor can't find the object (either because it's been moved out of range or it's been deleted or taken into inventory), the http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/No_sensor event will fire.  In that event, simply rez a new object to replace the one that's missing.

You might also want to take a look at this tutorial I wrote a while ago.   

Coding can be tediously specific, so step one would be to avoid vague terms. 

What's "just above?" 1 meter? 0.1 meters? What size is the object you want to rez?
What about "taken away?" Clicked/touched? Walked on? Right-click Take?

That might sound nitpicky, but if you're talking with a scripter and trying to explain to them what you want, they'll have a lot less headaches figuring out the details if you're specific from the get-go.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I am familiar with scripting, but it is more along the lines of texture changing, hovertext, inventory counting, etc. But, I am looking for something similar as in this post, but for two different reasons. One reason is for selling breedables. I know that there are autorezzers that will replace an item once it is sold and picked up.

The other reason is to create my own feeder system. The ones I have seen are notecard based and I am loving that concept. It is just I don't have an idea of the bare bones for the script. I already know how to set up the notecards.

Edited by EscuroBiryukIndomitus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1563 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.