market place email address incorrect

David Nasworthy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi!!

My first post here on the forums as I haven't had many issues I cant get over.

However - a couple of months ago I changed my Second Life email address to a new one.

However - when folks buy me things as presents - the notification email goes to the OLD email address and not the new one.

How can i resolve this?. In my account - I can only see the new email address....My avi is over 4 years old, so could this adresss be from the legacy system ?

2 answers to this question

Its weird you should have that problem, I changed my email a while back and I still get certain LL emails to my old one. Never ones from inworld like IMs, just ones connected to different website functions.

You are right that we only have one place we can change our address so you would need to contact support for them to change it whereever something is wrong.

You can see your marketplace email address if you go to your account on the marketplace site, but if you click the link to change your details it takes you to the normal change password page.

Out of curiosity I just checked my old email and there is still one in there for April 6th for a gift from the Marketplace. I changed it last November and I have had Marketplace email at my new email addy since then too....Go figure lol :D

EDIT: I just started a JIRA for this issue https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-3852 if you would like to add you comments to it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.