Jump to content
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1179 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

I still dont know one thing - example when I rent 1/4 region of private estate, then what kind of land settings I get (for land security manual tuning). Are the settings the same as in mainland or some limited? I wasnt before get interest in private estates, because I suspected land settings are limited and my primary interest is to own land and get all settings (I like land settings and land, it sounds like fetish :) , it is fetish).  And to buy whole region in private-estate..... tier fee is too high. And 1/4 I cant buy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ernesto Perez said:

when I rent 1/4 region of private estate, then what kind of land settings I get

Depends on the estate. With only a 1/4 region your level of control is no worse than mainland. In most cases you won't get the ability to alter the environment (sky/water/land) as it's prone to arguments between neighbors. Some might let you landscape though within certain limits.

Best bet is to look around and ask (politely) if estate manager is given with the 1/4 region - as long as you agree not to annoy the neighbors. hehe. You might get lucky.

6 hours ago, Ernesto Perez said:

 I wasnt before get interest in private estates, because I suspected land settings are limited and my primary interest is to own land and get all settings (I like land settings and land, it sounds like fetish :) , it is fetish). 

We do get a lot of settings in the region control panel, things like turning off scripts, altering water height, owners can save/restore land, change the textures and of course control access.

6 hours ago, Ernesto Perez said:

 And to buy whole region in private-estate..... tier fee is too high. And 1/4 I cant buy.

If you are willing to deal with only 750 prims, you can rent an openspace for US$75 a month (around $L4500-$L5000 a week), which should give you all of the region controls except save/load land. personally i think the price on those is too high considering 5000 prims is L$7000 a week.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

But I readed from Linden website "Openspace Regions are intended for scenery, such as forest, countryside or ocean. Only available to Residents who own at least one Full Region." So, seems only residents who already own private region can only buy additionally Openspace. Openspace tier is normal, but with 750 prims I have nothing to do anyway. My 100x100x100 castle alone is 2000 prims. I see the main problem with private region isnt in land settings at all, but rather isolation problem, and when no guests then security settings also become nonsense. There isnt social life as I understand. No choice, I must buy mainland. Tier fee is normal, only land price itself is scary, but no choice anyway.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jules Catlyn said:

Is that 100 meters x 100 meters x 100 meters? You would need quite the parcel and i would pity your neighbor. That is quite a dominating build

No, its nothing, it fits well into 1/4 sim. But I was seen also castles with about 200x200x200, whole sim. It was Romeu Tomsen-s own castle (not for sale). It was one of amazing thing in SL ever. Romeu Tomsen castles are just plain art, even cant compare with others.  In one day, when I again teleport to hes castel, there was nothing left. He tell me that all was completely lost, it was too big to pack into rezzer, details I dont know what exactly happens. There was countless rooms, every room full of furniture and art. All made by Romeu. I visited it often. It was so sad. I never seen in SL something more beatiful than this island. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ernesto Perez said:

No choice, I must buy mainland. Tier fee is normal, only land price itself is scary, but no choice anyway.. 

Yes, it seems if you wish this much, but you wont get much in the way of land control especially be aware you only +/- 4 metres of land movement - so make sure it's a flat sim for the foorprint of the castle, or consider you will need to make a prim that large.

1/4 of 22500 is 5625 LI (so 3000 to decorate) - it will be a tier of US$67 a month (about L$4000/week) on top of the purchase price and your premium.

You can rent mainland of course, there are a number of people who do this and that can save a lot of money as it won't tie you land you hate in a few months.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

Yes, it seems if you wish this much, but you wont get much in the way of land control especially be aware you only +/- 4 metres of land movement - so make sure it's a flat sim for the foorprint of the castle, or consider you will need to make a prim that large.

1/4 of 22500 is 5625 LI (so 3000 to decorate) - it will be a tier of US$67 a month (about L$4000/week) on top of the purchase price and your premium.

You can rent mainland of course, there are a number of people who do this and that can save a lot of money as it won't tie you land you hate in a few months.

Parcel dont need to be absolute flat. The 67 USD tier is normal, but prices are about 200 000 L, about 600 USD.

Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1179 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...