"subset of reference" error on LOD1 work around (maybe)

Neural Blankes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2232 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

(disclaimer: I don't know if this is related specifically to how Modo 902 exports .dae files, or if it is limited to Modo only.)

I don't know if anyone else has run into this, but if you get "Material of model is not a subset of reference model" on the primary mesh file, I think I've found a solution for the problem (maybe this is a known issue?)

I thought that problem might be with the file, but it *appears* that the issue is using more than 1 space in the model layer name itself.

Example:  "MeshLOD1" works

"Mesh LOD1" also works

but "Mesh LOD 1" results in an error on upload.

I have tested it a few times with a couple different models, and it appears to be repeatable.

Step 1: Make a mesh model in Modo (I currently use 902, I don't know if this is version specific)

Step 2: in the mesh layer, give it a name that contains at least two spaces separating characters (example: "My Mesh LOD1")

Step 3: upload via mesh upload into SL (Firestorm 5.0.7 (52912))

This should result in the file upload error "Material of model is not a subset of reference model".

That said, different program versions, whether it be Modo, or Firestorm, or different SL clients, etc. may not run into this problem, but though it was worth pointing out.

Material names with spaces in are a specific problem. There is a debug setting that can help work around a number of common issues. Try it out and see if it helps, as with all debug settings they may cause side effects because it's never certain how it can behave in all combinations of tools that people might use.

a8d2799a095bbab6c7bba3ebf087ba84.png
https://gyazo.com/a8d2799a095bbab6c7bba3ebf087ba84

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2232 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.