Work in progress anime head? Feedback please?

CherishKuddleMonster

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2248 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am somewhat new to second life by somewhat I mean I've been around but never really actually played.

Anyway I am amateur 3d model an I have an anime head, I would like to use in game, I may make the entire body...

I would just like overall feedback, and or criticism..

I also have no idea how to make eyes, and hair so...yeahO.o

Thanks for reading..^_^

wip.png

Without any eyes in place it doesn't really look 'anime' yet, there are plenty of western styles that use head shapes like that.  Is there any particular anime style you're going for?  Also if you're new to SL, if you haven't looked at Utilizator's blog and products you definitely should, both to see how they construct the moving parts of the face and to help make your style distinct from theirs.

As for your model, it's hard to say from a front angle, but it kinda looks like the bridge of your head's nose goes all the way up to the forehead.  That's the only thing I can comment on as being unusual.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MegaRose said:

Without any eyes in place it doesn't really look 'anime' yet, there are plenty of western styles that use head shapes like that.  Is there any particular anime style you're going for?  Also if you're new to SL, if you haven't looked at Utilizator's blog and products you definitely should, both to see how they construct the moving parts of the face and to help make your style distinct from theirs.

As for your model, it's hard to say from a front angle, but it kinda looks like the bridge of your head's nose goes all the way up to the forehead.  That's the only thing I can comment on as being unusual.

Thank you for reply I was debating if I should upload wireframe and profile view because it may be hard to tell. 

I may go more westerner style since you mentioned it. I’m not sure how this will turn out and I’ll check out utilizes anime stuff.

The nose does go up to the forehead. Is that bad? 

thanks again

Edited by CherishKuddleMonster

57 minutes ago, CherishKuddleMonster said:

Thank you for reply I was debating if I should upload wireframe and profile view because it may be hard to tell. 

I may go more westerner style since you mentioned it. I’m not sure how this will turn out and I’ll check out utilizes anime stuff.

thanks again

When it comes to a more cartoonish look, I would love to see something disney/cartoon network oriented, I'd definitely buy it. Like an Utilizator line but for western characters instead of anime

1 hour ago, CherishKuddleMonster said:

thanks again

The bridge of the nose should stop where the eyebrows are.  Since your model doesn't have eyebrows yet it's hard to say where that'd be.

The shape of that head actually reminds me a bit of the Danny Phantom style, now that I look at it more.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2248 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.