Others can not hear music stream i am using in world, but i can - what should i tell them to check?

DJCMH1488303564

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3881 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've been asked by friends to DJ a party for them here in their SL sim. Went to test my stream and while I can hear the stream I am playing fine in world, others can not or only can for short periods before cutting out.

My setup :

Broacast out via SAM broadcaster from my computer to my radio station on listen2myradio.com

Set the radio in the SL parcel to pick up my stream from listen2myradio.com

I enter the parcel and I can hear the stream playing (and no I am not hearing the original sendout via SAM, have that muted on my end to make sure i can hear it in world), but others either can not hear it all OR the stream cuts in and out.  They have no problem hearing other streams in that parcel.

Have tried telling them to restart their media player, make sure quicktime is updated, have them relog back on, but for some of them nothing seems to work.

Any ideas of what might be the issue here - is it a bandwitdth issue for SL users? Is SL blocking the stream because it is not a commercial stream?

I know there are workarounds that can be used for the party but it would be nice to be able to get who comes to be able to hear my stream in world if at all possible.

10 answers to this question

As a test you could go to one of the stream rental shops in SL, such as NeoStreams and rent the cheapest stream, like 10 listeners for 1 day, which is just a few Lindens, you can then use that to test that you have your system set up correctly and you will know then that it is the radio site that is the problem.

yeah i am gonna check it out next. It just seems very odd that I can hear the stream in SL world but no one else can, but given the eagerness of the music industry to protect "broadcast rights" and possibly the radio station to have its advertisers be seen, I can see something like that happening, so that I, the broadcaster, am the only one who can hear it in world while everyone else might have to go to my actual listen2myradio station to hear it. Inconvenient but not impossible to deal with.

this is a very simple one, I bet you are using the free version of listen2myradio right? with the free version no one else can hear because what pays for your free account is advertisings, they can't see the adds they can't hear the stream.
hope this answers your question  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3881 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.