Hacking ?

StevenSergal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2358 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

Just logged today and i receive a message from LTD productions (?) giving to me a limited (and exclusive) offer to invest in their products and get money. It says i have to follow the instructions in the given link

It seems to a try to steal accounts more than other things. Someone else has received such message too?

A few years ago we were looking for a house to rent so we sent off an e-mail about an interesting looking one we saw on Craigslist.

The reply that came back....

Hi, we are a missionary family living in Africa and need someone to rent our lovely house from us."

Needless to say we didn't provide any information, or even bother to reply

4 hours ago, StevenSergal said:

I'm gone to read this other topic and yes that's what i had received. But i haven't clicked on the link, thinking to an hacking

Its not hacking.

To get hacked would mean that the person wanting to get into your account would need to take technological messurements to get into your accounts, without you being involved at all. An  (simplified) example for a hack: Someone getting around the security messurements of a server to view or download the sensible data on it.

What you encountered here is a typical example for phising. Phising requires the targeted person to fall for a lie, that makes them give their login information away. Usually by following a link to a website that either pretends to be "valid", where you are asked to enter your information or a site heavily infected with software that will get the information directly from your PC (for example by installing a keylogger).

Always think twice before you follow any link someone gives you. Especially if its a random message and even more, if it a) talks about money or b) tries to scare you.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2358 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.