No group liability for other group owners - possible?

Ishtara Rothschild

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4760 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My land needs to be deeded to a group. This group has five owners, including myself. Each of them pays L$6 in group liability per week, which adds up L$30 for the search listing fee.

I would like to pay the entire L$30 myself, with no costs for the other group owners, but I cannot uncheck the group liability box in the group role settings since it's greyed out. Two of the owners are my alts, and I don't keep any money on their accounts. The others are good friends, and I don't want to steal their money. What can I do?

ETA: One of my alts has not been logged in for years, and I have long forgotten her password. I'm pretty sure that he doesn't have a single Linden penny. So where do his weekly L$6 come from? Does his account balance go further and further into the red numbers?

5 answers to this question

Owners have to pay liabilities by default, the only way round it is to create a role called owners and give it all the powers and move the others to that one.

EDIT: the one with no money likely has a negative balance by now....We used to have an owner that left in 2007, her account must have been well in the red lol

• Like 3

Thanks, that's what I feared. My friends will have to temporary leave the group then. I removed one of my alts from the group (her balance was at -432 L$), but I can't retrieve the password of my other alt since the email address no longer exists. She was created in 2008, so she's probably deep in debt by now. I'll just throw a few k at her, and will have to keep paying her every now and then :\ Although LL don't seem to care about the debt. This almost looks like a way to advertise one's land for free.

I have no idea what their rules are on debt, I ahd a friend who`s alt got its account put on admin hold for 2 months and finally came back with 200K linden debt, no way he was going to pay that off, so he just left the account sitting there. They knew perfectly well his other account but never seemed to bother chasing that one for the money. In the end the other account vanished, but we didn`t notice when, it was there for months and months though before we noticed it gone.

You can add them to a new role so that they are still in the group when they cancel their owner role, the only practical differences that it makes having the secondary owner role is that their names don`t show in bold type on the members list and you have the power to eject them from the group. If they don`t like that idea then you are stuck with sending weekly refunds of liabilities.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4760 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.