What do i need to become a LIVE Singer

Buum Jansma

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2481 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hiya,

I know how to stream music as DJ, but i want to level up as Live performer, singer in SL.

I realy don't know where to start, what to search for......, so can you help me out and tell me what i need???

Hope somebody can help me out and i would like to give it a try!

Edited by Buum Jansma

If you're interested in performing live over your stream, it will likely require a hardware investment. 

What you will need is a setup in your home for recording and broadcasting your material. If you don't want it to sound like bad karaoke, that will require at the very least a nice microphone and pair of headphones.

Next you will need to sort out broadcasting. There is a chance you use streaming software that has built in effects, EQ and controls, but if not you will need to broadcast a signal from a Digital Audio Workstation or DAW. This will enable you to add things like effects and EQ to your signal, making your performance sound more natural and less like someone sitting in their bedroom with a computer microphone. You will also be able to adjust the volume levels within the DAW for both the instrumental music and your live vocals, which is incredibly important if you want you're listeners to have a good experience.

I would recommend doing some research online seeing what other people have setup for things like home recording and podcasting, which require a very similar setup. There's always a quick and easy solution, but if you really want your performance to have an impact, you will need to invest some time and money into your setup. Best luck!!! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Buum Jansma said:

Thanks for your reply,

The hardware, Mic and headphone will be no problem, but i wonder what streaming software to use that have the effects, EQ, the one i using now have no voice effects....

I know for a fact that Nicecast has a build in Effects rack with things like EQ and Gain. You can also try Voice Meeter Banana from VB-Audio, which has effects and also has tools for mixing several channels together like Instrumentals and Vocals. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2481 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.