New Furry looking for Friends

Zuzani

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4730 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there, I'm new to Second Life, and would like to meet a few friends who could show me around. I am particularly interested in the furry community. Between not knowing much about the game and being shy, I'm not quite sure where to start, and would love a friend or two who could introduce me to places and help me get acclimated to everything.

Thanks for reading :smileyhappy:

You might want to grab one of the free furry avatars from the Marketplace. You will have to unpack the sales box before you can wear the avatar. This knowledge base article explains how to do that.

In order to find a few furry places, you could look up something like "furry hangout" in the inworld search. Switch to the Places tab in order to see which of these places have high traffic numbers.

As Blondin said Luskwood is probably one of the ideal spots to start with Furries.

There are -many- furry places in SL, and what seems to be two distinct types of furries: those in the adult-content scene and those not. The first group is much more social so you can find their venues a lot faster.

The presence of the first group seems to have somehow kept many in the second group from being as social and outgoing as we could be.

But Luskwood seems to get the full range from time to time. It does have its own 'in crowd' and from my trips there breaking into the crowd is not by invite - you'd have to speak up and make yourself part of the scene.

I also tell just about every new furry in SL to visit http://www.slarf.org/ and research avatar choices.

You're also welcome to IM me. But don't random friend me without an IM or I won't have any idea who you are. :)  I get one of those every now and then while offline and find myself confused trying to figure out where I met the person (there's one in my email right now and yeah - who is that? I dunno). I -LOVE- exploring around with people and showing people different places I've found.

• 2 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4730 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.