Textures for veneered furniture?

Innula Zenovka

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4768 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I want to make a magic wardrobe -- as in The Lion, The Witch and .. except it's not going to be  Narnia you end up in -- and, while I can find no end of lovely decorative dark-wood veneer textures for the doors, I can't find anything in matchiing wood, only plain, for the rest of it.   It seems like the sort of matching set it should be easy to find, but I can't.  

Can anyone assist me?

Thanks, Ceera.   That's a good idea.   I've dropped notes to a couple people whose doors I like, explaining what I'm doing asking them if they can help.  Maybe I'm misunderstanding the complexities, but it seems to me that they must have to make the base wood textures, in order to put the mouldings and door furniture on, so I'm hoping something comes of that.

Though I'm in no tearing hurry; like so many things I make, this is a spin-off from another project.  I was working on some scripted effects for something completely different, and thought -- hey, it would be fun to use this technique for a magic wardrobe.  So maybe it'll still be sitting half-completed on my platform, along with lots of other stuff,  when your sims are finished.

In the meantime, if anyone does feel like making some textures for an ornate and vaguely sinister piece of furniture, which is nevertheless rather tempting to open, please let me know.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4768 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.