Automated Notification System Failing?

Honza Noyes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4749 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I was just doing some stuff arround with my Magic Box, trying to set up the ANS system, however it doesn't return the ItemName, ItemID and such things, for me it returns only:

[09:46] Xstreet SL Magic Box v3.0.11: VerifyKey = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[09:46] Xstreet SL Magic Box v3.0.11: Type = Purchase
[09:46] Xstreet SL Magic Box v3.0.11: Currency = SLL
[09:46] Xstreet SL Magic Box v3.0.11: PaymentGross = 0
[09:46] Xstreet SL Magic Box v3.0.11: PaymentFee = 0
[09:46] Xstreet SL Magic Box v3.0.11: PayerName =
[09:46] Xstreet SL Magic Box v3.0.11: PayerKey =
[09:46] Xstreet SL Magic Box v3.0.11: ReceiverName = Resident Name
[09:46] Xstreet SL Magic Box v3.0.11: ReceiverKey = Resident Key
[09:46] Xstreet SL Magic Box v3.0.11: MerchantName =
[09:46] Xstreet SL Magic Box v3.0.11: MerchantKey =
[09:46] Xstreet SL Magic Box v3.0.11: TransactionID = 123456
[09:46] Xstreet SL Magic Box v3.0.11: ItemID = 123456
[09:46] Xstreet SL Magic Box v3.0.11: ItemName =
[09:46] Xstreet SL Magic Box v3.0.11: Region =
[09:46] Xstreet SL Magic Box v3.0.11: Location =

It doesn't return anything besides that. Any idea why? I didn't find this issue anywhere.

Thanks.

Honza Noyes wrote:

So I was just doing some stuff arround with my Magic Box, trying to set up the ANS system, however it doesn't return the ItemName, ItemID and such things, for me it returns only:

[09:46] Xstreet SL Magic Box v3.0.11: VerifyKey = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[09:46] Xstreet SL Magic Box v3.0.11: Type = Purchase

[09:46] Xstreet SL Magic Box v3.0.11: Currency = SLL

[09:46] Xstreet SL Magic Box v3.0.11: PaymentGross = 0

[09:46] Xstreet SL Magic Box v3.0.11: PaymentFee = 0

[09:46] Xstreet SL Magic Box v3.0.11: PayerName =

[09:46] Xstreet SL Magic Box v3.0.11: PayerKey =

[09:46] Xstreet SL Magic Box v3.0.11: ReceiverName = Resident Name

[09:46] Xstreet SL Magic Box v3.0.11: ReceiverKey = Resident Key

[09:46] Xstreet SL Magic Box v3.0.11: MerchantName =

[09:46] Xstreet SL Magic Box v3.0.11: MerchantKey =

[09:46] Xstreet SL Magic Box v3.0.11: TransactionID = 123456

[09:46] Xstreet SL Magic Box v3.0.11: ItemID = 123456

[09:46] Xstreet SL Magic Box v3.0.11: ItemName =

[09:46] Xstreet SL Magic Box v3.0.11: Region =

[09:46] Xstreet SL Magic Box v3.0.11: Location =

It doesn't return anything besides that. Any idea why? I didn't find this issue anywhere.

Thanks.

It looks like it's because you have the non-ANS type Magic Box. The one you want is this:

XStreet SL Magic Box w/ANS

The ANS script they show in the example is the "Receiver" side. The Magic Box w/ANS has the mating "Sender" side script inside it instead of the dummy "Sender" side that comes in the non-ANS Magic Box. What you're seeing are the fake values being sent by the dummy Sender script. With the proper Magic Box, those values will have real data.

It seems to have no effect on what the magic box is...

VerifyKey=835339fded86bfe62c8659ee3a0a5bda|Type=Purchase|Currency=SLL|PaymentGross=0|PaymentFee=0|TransactionID=11436563|ItemID=1508623|ReceiverName=Honza Noyes|ReceiverKey=68015a27-33d7-4f7f-8873-34e1096578fe

This is all it returns. I think it is the harsing that was done with Marketplace movement. You guys got it working properly? I could actually just make it ping my website.. But I kinda can't do PHP.

I could probably just use the Magic Box link messages that are passed for delivery and than just compare object name to the marketplace name or the names I use for my vendor network.

But I still think that there is some kind of problem with Marketplace and Xstreet migration since not all the features are enabled.. Lets just hope that those get enabled soon.. Maybe with the upcomming project of no magic boxes anymore.

Honza Noyes wrote:

It seems to have no effect on what the magic box is...

VerifyKey=835339fded86bfe62c8659ee3a0a5bda|Type=Purchase|Currency=SLL|PaymentGross=0|PaymentFee=0|TransactionID=11436563|ItemID=1508623|ReceiverName=Honza Noyes|ReceiverKey=68015a27-33d7-4f7f-8873-34e1096578fe

This is all it returns. I think it is the harsing that was done with Marketplace movement. You guys got it working properly? I could actually just make it ping my website.. But I kinda can't do PHP.

That's valid data you show above. Each "data field" is delimited by the pipe (vertical bar) character and has two pieces of info: The field name (before the equal sign) and the field value (after the equal sign). Looks good to me.

Honza Noyes wrote:

Yea, but it doesn't return the listing name as it should?

I'm using a PHP script on my website to capture the ANS data and I am receiving the full complement of fields and data. My understanding is that the data source is the same so perhaps there's something amiss in the LSL script you are using?

Here are the field names I'm receiving:

$myVerifyKey = rawurldecode($_REQUEST['VerifyKey']);
$myType = rawurldecode($_REQUEST['Type']);
$myCurrency = rawurldecode($_REQUEST['Currency']);
$myPaymentGross = rawurldecode($_REQUEST['PaymentGross']);
$myPaymentFee = rawurldecode($_REQUEST['PaymentFee']);
$myPayerName = rawurldecode($_REQUEST['PayerName']);
$myPayerKey = rawurldecode($_REQUEST['PayerKey']);
$myReceiverName = rawurldecode($_REQUEST['ReceiverName']);
$myReceiverKey = rawurldecode($_REQUEST['ReceiverKey']);
$myMerchantName = rawurldecode($_REQUEST['MerchantName']);
$myMerchantKey = rawurldecode($_REQUEST['MerchantKey']);
$myTransactionID = rawurldecode($_REQUEST['TransactionID']);
$myItemID = rawurldecode($_REQUEST['ItemID']);
$myItemName = rawurldecode($_REQUEST['ItemName']);
$myInventoryName = rawurldecode($_REQUEST['InventoryName']);
$myRegion = rawurldecode($_REQUEST['Region']);
$myLocation = rawurldecode($_REQUEST['Location']);

The field names are within single quotes following the $_REQUEST variable name.

Well you can't create listings on XStreet anymore, but the objects shown on the Server Status page need to reflect what's in the box(es) you have rezzed. If you see items listed on the status page that you know are not present anymore .. or if you have items in the boxes that are not shown, it indicates that the website and the Magic Boxes are out of sync. That would indicate it's time to "Remove" all of the Servers (Magic Boxes) listed (using the Remove link) then reset them all manually. After they go through their color cycle, refresh the Server Status page and check that the list is corrected.

Put a copy of the script you are using on a Notecard and include a couple of example transactions (with the private data removed, just showing the field headers) .. then send it to me in-world.

I worked with Brodesky and Beast Linden when they were implementing ANS right at the end of their initial efforts (the last few days before Brodesky left Linden Lab). We had some issues, but by the time they locked it down, everything was working as expected. It is my understanding that the Magic Box itself sends the ANS transaction to the web or to the ANS receiver script inside itself, so it should be sending the exact same data no matter where it winds up.

Erm, seems like IE9 didn't post the message I wrote:

I am using a bit different way for the deliveries - the Magic Box sends a link message like: "item name,transaction_id,customer_key" so I compare this item_name with a notecard I have that contains "item name,product name,price" and that replaces the ANS system.

Thanks for help anyways.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4749 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.