Avastar to animate Bento bones, or ZED APS?

Violaine Villota

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been trying to use the zED APS animation system all day with no luck. It was advertised as super easy, but it seems even more difficult to use than the old Puppeteer system I used before. I was excited about being able to get animated items without issues when resizing them but after reading through and watching all the tutorials two or three times I am stuck :/ I've sent a message and am awaiting a response from him. But in the meantime...
So, maybe I would be better off using Avastar to animate wing bones on the Bento skeleton and do it that way? For someone who is completely new to Avastar, how would you grade the difficulty if all I want to do is rotate or move the Bento animation bones for a looped wing flap and a couple wing bone poses (like 'open', 'closed' or 'resting'), with no mesh involved? I don't want to waste another day though if this is not a workable idea. I did see this tutorial, but it seems super simplified and I wonder if the appearance of simplicity is deceiving: 

My wings are made up of flexi prims, so no fancy articulation needed. 
Heeeelllllllp. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.