Change in House Physics or Viewer Issue?

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2472 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 7/11/2017 at 1:57 PM, Aquila Kytori said:

* but you do get a 18/20 for design. :D

Well BABY STEPS and it did work just fine LOL.  I am a GREAT MAPPER!!!! We can't be good at everything.  I DO get your point though!  I think I am wedded to cubes  for most things but SMARTER NOW. TY!

596787789e425_darkstonemanor1200.thumb.jpg.fdd63bd58f3f24053b934a3b9e87617a.jpg

• Like 1

Homework for Aquila :D

Did better this time I think. Three curved doors although I didn't care if the VERY top of the door was "walkable" as anyone THAT tall knows how to duck. 

I found (logically) that making thinner walls pretty much fixed the "spongy" thing so just used the single planes for the inner and outer walls upload. Floor was uploaded separately. I was VERY good and got rid of all those vertices ^^.

59695b5729ba7_physicswarehouse.PNG.388486d0f5bc844f887e78ec829c8bd3.PNG

And here is what it actually is. Looks way better then the physics model LOL.  22LI at across the sim (128 views at 2LOD)

Needs roof, optional second floor landing and outside steps, but a good start.  

(Psst. The shadows of the light coming onto the floor through those doors is gorgeous (insert swinging emoticon here)  :SwingingFriends:

So, did I do "better"?   ( I do know I could have made the top curved and how, just didn't :D).

59695b724329a_warehouseinprogress.thumb.PNG.68f8f8033039beddd927a1fee4c98c8f.PNG

• Like 2

Hi Chic

Not many would dare to keep there Physics model as simple as that one :)

Even though it is differcult (usuallaly not possible) to walk through from the backside of the Physics plane I personally prefer to have collision surfaces on both the interior and exterior of walls. Just feels  more secure to me,  lol.

2 hours ago, Aquila Kytori said:

Hi Chic

Not many would dare to keep there Physics model as simple as that one :)

Even though it is differcult (usuallaly not possible) to walk through from the backside of the Physics plane I personally prefer to have collision surfaces on both the interior and exterior of walls. Just feels  more secure to me,  lol.

I agree. These walls were SO thin (testing testing) that there was virtually no "sponginess".   I usually make the walls thicker -- and I am not sure I am over in the "planes" camp yet LOL. But anyway. It worked.   

Thanks.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2472 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.