SL causes acid-like distortions to my computer display

Teslahaha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2531 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I was just at a party in Second Life with some friends and it was getting a little late. The whole time, I had my Borderless Gaming app on so I was playing SL in a borderless window that filled my screen. When I was leaving, I got a little impatient-- the game was kind of freezing for a few seconds as it was exiting out, and I thought it was hanging. I decided to ALT+TAB out of it, but when it finally closes,  I... got this.

video_game_gave_my_pc_lsd________must_se

(please don't mind the TF2 soldier on the left, I added that for comical effect)

Second Life had completely distorted the entire screen of my computer, making it look like it was on one hell of an acid trip. I had no idea how to put this back to normal quickly and my anxiety was getting pretty bad from looking at all of these changing colours, so I had to restart my PC and everything apparently went back to normal. I'm not sure if this would happen again...

Now I'm quite afraid to log back into Second Life.

I'm using Windows 7 Professional with the Alchemy Viewer to play Second Life.

Edited by Teslahaha

Do you have any software installed that sets a custom color profile for windows?
Most common culprits are f.lux & MSI True Color.
These programs are known to cause Nvidia graphics drivers to crash when exiting any Second Life viewer.

See http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/crashes_and_graphics_glitches#rainbow_colors_after_logout

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2531 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.