Create a new prim with script.

Vindictii

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2551 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I am trying to figure out how a script can be used to create a prim from scratch. 

Sample use: using a pickaxe to 'mine' ore from a vein of ore. The script would create the 'ore'. 

Any methodology is appreciated. Prefer that the method is compatible with 'no-modify' 'no-copy' objects/scripts. 

A script can call llRezAtRoot() to rez any object from the scripted object's inventory. Obviously that inventory object must have "copy" permission or it will run out of stock quickly.

Once rezzed, such objects can also be scripted to change themselves into almost any other object using functions such as llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast, llCreateLink (given some special permission), etc. -- except Mesh, which was intentionally crippled such that any mesh object is forever stuck with a single model.

• Like 4

Yeah you can call a prim forth from its place of hiding and metamorphose it, but I can't think of any way to simply make one out of nothing aside from uploading it first or using the build menu.

I've seen a lot of the sort of effects you're talking about though, and in most cases the makers simply have the object (such as the wall of the mine) rez the "coal" (or waffles XD) on impact. Might not be all that necessary to make each little piece of coal unique, unless you really, really feel like doing all that extra work...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2551 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.