New Horse Trouble, Tried to Wear It In a No Script Area, Didn't Know Any Better.....

Kalypso Whitesong

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4763 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I didn't know what the heck scripts were until I learned the hard way and made a mistake yesterday evening...

I bought a AKK Black Unicorn from the AKK Ranch. I used him fine all over the ranch....

I then went home, with the unicorn... I have a Linden Home...

All of a sudden my unicorn is up off the ground, I'm straddling mid air parallel to the unicorn, no where near on his back, just hanging in mid air. I cannot figure it out. I went back to the AKK ranch, put the unicorn away, took it back out, and it's still doing the same thing, so is the back up copy! But the Demo horse I got before Unicorn that I never wore off the AKK ranch is fine...

How do I fix this??? I have IM'd the ranch owner but hey, I'm impatient!

Thanks for any help guys! I'm eager to get out riding in script allowed areas!

-Jenna

It doesn't sound like a script problem unless you are getting script errors and you did not say that you were. It sounds more like you just need to adjust the position of the horse. Wear the horse from your inventory, do not use the attach feature, then once worn readjust the horse's position by editing it.

I can lower and raise the horse with adjust horse and get it where it is on the ground correctly but how on earth do I move her from the right side of the horse in mid air to onto it's back? When I click Edit on the horse I am quite overwhelmed by the amount of options and I have no idea what I'm doing...

Thanks for the help!

When I right click the horse these are the options I see:

Touch

Edit

Detach

Sit Down

Stand Up

Change Outfit

Edit My Outfit

Edit My Shape

My Friends

My Groups

My Profile

Drop

When I'm in Edit I see nothing about Scripts and resetting them...

Unfortunately I'm so new to all this (I've been a member since 9/10 but I've only walked about and changed my clothing, I haven't gotten into it until this past week) that I pretty much need step by step help on how to fix this since I have no idea what I'm doing with Edit...

Thanks for your patience guys!

When you go on edit, you want to be on the first tab (I am not logged in now so doing this from memory) and make sure you have checked "Position" on a radio button on the top left side. A colored crosshair thingy will pop up over the horse use that to drag the horse around to the desired position. Then on the top left check the "Rotation" radio button and use the circular colored thing that pop up over the horse and drag them around to the desired rotation.

P.S. You do not need to reset scripts as I said before this does not sound like a script issue.

It's fixed!!! A very patient soul that came to the ranch with a horse on his head that I flagged down (I figured someone with a horse on their head knew how to re-position a horse! lol) helped me mix the problem... It was all just moving the horse... Thank you so much for your time and help George, I was not getting any error messages and if you hadn't said it was a position issue I would have kept thinking it was messed up some other way...

Thanks a million! Off to ride! :-)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4763 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.