Blender Help!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4701 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Im using Blender on Mac and have managed to create and export a few objects before. Now im tyring with multiple objects im having trouble baking my sculpted prims. I have selected them all and created a perant but for some reason after i bake the sculpties the rainbow sculpt image doesnt come up in the UV image editor.

im really only a noob to blender so im sure im doing some thing obvious wrong.

Help  please :)

When you bake a multi part object, then you can do this only in Object mode. When you bake in object mode then the UV-editor does not necessary show you any results at all. So this may already be your issue ? You can check if the sculptmaps have been baked as follows:

for each part-object do the following :

1. go to object mode
  2. right click on the part-object so it is the only selected part (shows a pink outline)
  3. go to edit mode
  4. look at the UV image editor.

If you can see rainbow images for all your parts, then everything is OK for you.

If you see a uniform dark grey image instead, then your sculptie has lost its association ot its sculptmap images. That happens sometimes especially when you have moved the blend file to another place. In that case the images can no longer be found by blender and it shows up with a dark grey image instead. your workaround:

• go to edit mode
  • select all vertices (very imporant !!!)
  • in the image editor: create -> new  (select the correct width and height, 64*64 pixels for a standard sculptie)

Now the image should have turned to black and the baker should work now again.

If you see a uniform black image, then something very different is going on. In that case the baker tool was not able to bake the sculptmap. You should find an answer to why the baker failed in the Console window. Unfortunately the console window is very hidden on the MAC. Check in google how to open the console application if you do not know how to do it. And take care, sometimes the output to the console window might show up only after you have closed blender. Don't ask me why that is so ;-.(

The most popular error here is that you have either deleted or destroyed the sculptie's UV-map. In that case your workaround is:

• go to object mode
  • select the broken partial object
  • Object -> Scripts -> Sculptify Objects (see warning at bottom!)

Now you got a new UV-map. this map might NOT be the same as you had in first place depending on the history of your sculptmap. I.e. the tool examines the object at its current state and derives the best fitting UV-map for that one. If you have added/removed edge loops, then the UV-map will most probably differ from the original. And if your sculptmaps have been imported, then sculptify Objects may fail because the seams are not defined. And now we come into the very details.

I hope that helps.

If not, go and ask in the chat groups. Your best choices are:

• blender
  • blender users
  • blender jass/primstar

(*) WARNING: It is very important to know which version of primstar you are using!!!

For Primstar-1.0 and Primstar-1.1 and Jass-Pub:
If you have the official primstar-1.0 or primstar-1.1,then you must delete the UVtexture named "sculptie" before you use sculptify Object. Then you must go to the UV-editor and rotate the entire map by 90 degrees, which is no fun when you are dealing with an oblong.

For Jass-Pro and Jass-Magic:
You must KEEP the UVTex if it is available! Then Sculptify-Objects does the necessary rotations as it needs.

• 2 months later...

hello everyone !!!

Special Thanks to Gaia Clary for beautiful tutorial.

I am very new to Blender, following your tutorial, it shows in tutorial that a sculpted Prim always contains exactly 1024 vertice , but when i do it only creates 64 vertice sphere is there any setting i have to change ?. I am using Win7 32 bit with ATI Graphic card, and blender 2.49b.

Thank you

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4701 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.