Dropped framerate

Marrik Milos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2640 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Im a long time resident of SL and I have never had issues with framerate at all but lately ive noticed alot of chugging on my client. I think it could be due to the major maintenance that has been going on on the grid all week long since they did state in the notice we would be experienced dropped performance and this did start on the day the week of maintenance started. But Im not sure if it is this or not or if any other residents have had the same issues. ill put my specs below.

CPU: AMD A8-3500M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (1497.28 MHz)
Memory: 5611 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 14393)
Graphics Card Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6620G

1 answer to this question

Honestly, I hadn't noticed that much degredation my self, over and above the usual SL...

Have you updated your viewer recently? if so, check and see if the update has reset your graphics settings back to laggier settings, ie. draw distance, max non imposters, shadows, lod levels for avi's, terrain, sky etc.

Some viewers seem to think that an update is a fine time to implement a 'see more stuff but looks crap' policy. So I always check ( and correct ) settings after viewer updates.

If you recently updated the drivers you use for that gfx card, google the web for  reviews, the makers of gfx cards do occasionally release lemon builds that you have to rollback from.

Check your connection too, crtl-shift-1 check the packet loss, if its excessive, lower the 'bandwidth setting' in your viewer (another classic potential "we know better" settings reset target), and see if that fixes it.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2640 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.