When I log on to SL, I get this error message: "Quicktime Error #14404324 please install Quicktime"

Terry Wrentling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4772 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Quicktime Error #14404324. I googled this error message and cannot find any help at all. Apple support is no help either. I'm using the latest version of Quicktime on Vista. Tried uninstall and everything else I could think of. I have a nice TV on SL and would like to watch something besides a white screen. HELP!!

7 answers to this question

Check that you have the media_plugin_quicktime.dll in the plugin folder for your SL installation, maybe it got blocked by your firewall or something when you installed.

MIne for example are here:

C:\ Program Files (x86) \ SecondLifeViewer2 \ llplugin \ media_plugin_quicktime.dll

C:\ Program Files (x86) \ Phoenix Viewer \ llplugin \ media_plugin_quicktime.dll

Can you test to see if you get the same error on one of the TPVs https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory

Firestorm and Kristens are v2 viewers, I would suggest trying Phoenix and Firestorm so that you know if its a viewer related problem with the latest LL viewer or if its specific to all v2 viewer or all viewers.

I wasn`t suggesting that you switch viewers, just that you test on another viewer to narrow down where your problem is. If the same thing happens on all viewers then it is something specific to your computer or account, if it is only happening on the one viewer that you use then it is a viewer related issue.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4772 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.