Creating skins/makeup

AlexAddams

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been trying to understand how they create skins and makeup here for mesh heads

What programs they use for that (if its not ps) and do they paint it or use real picture as a texture?

your help is really appreciated, i have been looking for a very long time watching videos and so

Thanks

AlexAddams wrote:

I have been trying to understand how they create skins and makeup here for mesh heads

Mesh heads use the same UV mapping as the head of the classic avatar so you can just use the same texture and add it to an applier. (Actually there may be some minor differences in the UV and of course you want to use higher image resolution to maximize the lag but the basics are still the same.)

AlexAddams wrote:

What programs they use for that (if its not ps) and do they paint it or use real picture as a texture?

You buy a ready-made skin template and edit it so it doesn't look exactly the same as skins made by others from the same template. Templates typically come as psd files so Photoshop is the preferred software although many other graphics programmes are able to open psd fies too.

Now, how the skin templates are amde, that's a good question. I believe most of them are based on photos but heavily modified partly to smooth out blemsihes, partly because photo realistic doesn't actually look very realistic in SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.