Anyone here integrate their SL business with RL Social Networking? Cross Promotion Haven or Hell?

Wyland

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4769 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A not very elegant attempt to seel yout promotion as  a question to the forum. ;)

But the answer to the question which you nonetheless ask is: Know thy customer! The people you want to address, are they likely to use twitter and/orfacebook - will your promotion reach them? This cannot be answered for all SL users in general. I'm pretty sure, for some businesses here in SL these communication channels will work just fine - for other they won't (although I would bet, facebook is likely to have some effect in most cases if used intelligently).

Look at the number of posts friend, can you tell I may be new here? I encourage everyone's creations, so why would I not want to tout mine? The one in fact that I created with all the filmmakers in mind to utilize the facilities whenever they desire?!? Glass is half full over here in my corner.

Nonetheless, I appreciate your input.

Cheers

It's quite understandable that you didn't know about it, but promoting another site on these forums is against LL policy. You can, however, have your site in your signature, which I see you already do.

There are a lot of ways to cross promote your business on the internet. Starting a blog might be a way to go.

Facebook on the other hand is a sticky situation. It's against their TOS to create an account with an avatar name. So while it may be allowed to exist for a period of time, one day you might find your account suspended, thus making all the time and energy you put into it pointless. I'd hate to see that happen, so I just wanted to warn you about it.

Good luck with your endeavors... Dres

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4769 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.