Had my belongings returned to me by a reality company in a locked crate

screamingeagle101

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2748 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I had a rental company on SL return my property in a crate from a reclaimed land. the crate i can not rez,open or pass in the properties tab it has a little red lock so i take it that someone at the rental company locked it. It contains about 50 K in lindens worth of horses and bundles. can anyone tell me how to access it

1 answer to this question

Normally, no one will take the time to "box up" your items before returning them to you.  Instead, they will simply hit "Return" in the About Land/Objects window.  When that happens, all your objects that are on the land are sent back to your Lost and Found folder as a "coalesced object."  This object has the inventory symbol of a little stack of cubes.

To recover your stuff, go to a large, empty space like a public sandbox.  Stand well away from the parcel edges.  Rez the coalesced object.  Everything will reappear, in the same relative positions as they were in when they were on your former land.

Two things to watch out for.  Things might get rezzed below ground level.  It's a good idea to rez your things on a platform up in the air to make sure you have plenty of ground clearance.  Also, if your objects included any Linden Plants (the crude looking plants that you can create directly from the Build menu), most places will not allow you to rez them.  This will prevent the entire clump of objects from rezzing.  In this case, go to Torley's Sandbox, which does allow rezzing Linden Plants.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2748 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.