Weird Permissions on a Build

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4792 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi

I wonder if someone can shed any light on this for me?

I have built several houses...along the way I save to inventory and frequently update the version, saving that version to inventory as I go...so I have version 1, 2, 3 etc until I get to the final build I am happy with.

When I try and set this build for sale, or even try and transfer it to someone the 'sale' box and the 'allow anyone to copy' box are greyed out and when I click on individual linked prims they have the name 'object' rather than 'window' etc and have no owner, creator or group listed - this is all blank.  All options when I click individual prims are greyed out.

I have checked all the prims, textures, any sculpties and scripts I have used for permissions and they are all set to full perms.

Someone from a builder's group I am in has suggested it is an SL bug but I don't get this problem with furniture that I make and sell in the same way.

Any advice or ideas would be gratefully received....you can imagine, it's very frustrating!

Many thanks

When you are setting permissions, be sure that you are always doing it on a rezzed copy, not on something in inventory.  Permisssions only "stick" on rezzed items.  That might account for some of what you're seeing.  My guess is that a prim somewhere in your build isn't really set full-perm the way you think it is.  Offhand, though, I don't know how to explain the fact that your prim names are wonky.

I've found that it helps my peace of mind to activate Debug Permissions in the Advanced (CTRL-Alt-D) menu so that I can see exactly how permissions have been set for the next owner ( N: ) on any item I create. 

Did you by any chance build part of the build using an alt? Sometimes when when we change avis during a building session we forget that the owner of every prim in a build must be the same owner if we plan to sell the build. This a typical mistake we make when building Huge builds because we simply forget. Make sure that every prim on your build belongs to one avi. 

According to Torley, who knows everything :smileyhappy:

Here's what all the abbreviations mean:

• B = Base - The object can never be more permissive than this.
  • O = Owner - The permissions the owner (you) currently has.
  • G = Group - The permissions group members currently have on the object. (The group the object is set or deeded to is shown next to Group: above.)
  • E = Everyone - The permissions everyone else has on the object.
  • N = Next Owner - The permissions the next person to own the object will have.
  • F = Full/Folded - The permissions of the object as a whole, including all permissions of the object's contents. For example, a copyable object which has a no-copy item added to its contents becomes non-copyable as a whole because it's restricted by the no-copy content item.
  • M, C, and T = Modify, Copy, and Transfer - Standard permissions.
  • V = Velocity - This actually means "can move" permissions. For instance, if an object shows "E: V", this means everyone can move this object around inworld, which is the the same as Allow anyone to move being enabled.
  • * = Slam bit - Explained more in the next section.

You can see the extended answer at http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Debug_Permissions

there are several settings that are natureally greyed out when you have "edit linked parts" checked.... simply uncheck it to return to normal object edit mode (which will restore the group and owner displays, as well alow other "general" tab settings.) also make sure your object is not "locked" (checkbox, object tab) as this will also grey out several option and prevent editing most features

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4792 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.