How do I fix web teleport to destination?

princesspistachio

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2746 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

1 answer to this question

You haven't given us enough information to give a solid, precise answer. So, I'll ramble...

Open the viewer and before or after login click HELP->ABOUT... Copy-paste that information into your post and any time you ask a tech question. Give us that info as a starting place. Save us all some time.

If the viewer is NOT running and you go to http://secondlife.com/destination/2016-halloween-town there is a teleport button. Clicking that will pop a launch window, from there you can launch the viewer and you will log in at that location. I understand that works. Yes/no?

If the viewer is already running, then repeating the above clicks should pop open the PLACES panel showing the destination and providing a Teleport button. I think you mean that is not happening. Yes/no?

Do you have more than one viewer installed? If so and if the viewer you are using is not the last installed viewer, it will likely not work as you expect. If you have only ever had the Linden Viewer installed and you are using 'Willing to update to release candidates?' , you may have some install issues. Reinstall the viewer you want to work with web clicks. You can install over the existing install. No need to uninstall. Try it to see if it works after the reinstall.

There is also the problem of your Internet browser deciding to use a specific viewer for SLURL's (Internet Protocols). You can get the program URLProtocolView (free) and enable/disable various protocols. Expand the columns so you can see the protocol handlers. Find the SECONDLIFE handler and see which viewer it is trying to use. You can't change it, but you can disable and the the browser will reinstall a handler.

Long ago this SLURL thing was more of a problem. The fix for those problems is here. This explains how to fix how SLURL's work in Windows. It gets geeky.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2746 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.