DNS Error continuing to appear

eilidhceol

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4864 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When first starting up Second Life on my computer, I recieved the DNS error. After recieving this message, I started looking around the site and came upon the special instructions for Windows Vista. I first went into command and typed "ipconfig/flushdns" as instructed and this still did not work. Then I tried the other solution mentioned- to unplug the cable modem and the wireless router. I have done both of these and am still recieving this error. Any help would be most appreciated in resolving this matter.

Many Thanks!

~Eilidh

1 answer to this question

You have done the things that usually fix it if the problem is with you, the other causes for that error are that something is starting to go wrong at LL end and they soon post a blog saying there is an issue, as that hasn`t happened the other option is that your ISP is having some sort of issues & you can try giving them a call.

I have had that before and everything is working great on the internet except SL and after calling my ISP they run a test and say there is some issue which they manage to fix.

One thing I have noticed on such occasions is the icon on my task bar for my connection appears to flash now and then instead of being continually lit up, I assume it means there are small breaks occuring in the connection that aren`t significant enough to affect normal internet use but are bad enough to stop SL connecting.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4864 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.