Sign in to follow this  
eilidhceol

DNS Error continuing to appear

Question

You have done the things that usually fix it if the problem is with you, the other causes for that error are that something is starting to go wrong at LL end and they soon post a blog saying there is an issue, as that hasn`t happened the other option is that your ISP is having some sort of issues & you can try giving them a call.

I have had that before and everything is working great on the internet except SL and after calling my ISP they run a test and say there is some issue which they manage to fix.

One thing I have noticed on such occasions is the icon on my task bar for my connection appears to flash now and then instead of being continually lit up, I assume it means there are small breaks occuring in the connection that aren`t significant enough to affect normal internet use but are bad enough to stop SL connecting.

1 answer to this question

You have done the things that usually fix it if the problem is with you, the other causes for that error are that something is starting to go wrong at LL end and they soon post a blog saying there is an issue, as that hasn`t happened the other option is that your ISP is having some sort of issues & you can try giving them a call.

I have had that before and everything is working great on the internet except SL and after calling my ISP they run a test and say there is some issue which they manage to fix.

One thing I have noticed on such occasions is the icon on my task bar for my connection appears to flash now and then instead of being continually lit up, I assume it means there are small breaks occuring in the connection that aren`t significant enough to affect normal internet use but are bad enough to stop SL connecting.