SL stops working and closes in one sim

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2800 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am having a problem, and in only one sim.   I have gone to serveral other sims with no problem.   However, on my arrival to this one sims I reach a specific spot and a window comes up stating SL has stopped working, and the program closes, booting me out of SL.   

Has anyone know what is going on?   I and others have made many attempts to fix this but nothing has worked.

Is it only yourself crashing at this particular location or do your friends also crash there?

If multiple people crash at that location there is likely there is a graphics crasher or memory bloat crasher or other griefer object rezzed there. Or there is a problem with the terrain file on that region (or a neighbour region) which can cause viewer crashes (see https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-3479 ).

What's the SLURL to that location?

If there doesn't seem to be anything nasty rezzed there and it's only yourself crashing, then initial suspects are:

1) You have a corrupted texture in cache from an object at that location - a cache clear will fix that.

2) You have a corrupted slc file for that region (or a neighbour region) - the slc file is the object cache for that region. I've seen a few cases where a corrupted slc file for a certain region will crash the viewer. Agaian a cache clear will fix that.

3) If you are using Firestorm viewer, if you have any objects on that region (or a neighbour region) added to your asset blacklist (World -> Asset Blacklist), remove them.

There is a nasty memory corruption crash that can happen if you have a lot of objects blacklisted on a region - this crash will be fixed in the next Firestorm release.

Without seeing your viewer logs, I can only guess what's wrong.

Which viewer are you using?  Help -> About Second Life / viewer name.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2800 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.