SL Support asking for a private account info?

Ermingild

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2884 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Greetings!

I have filled the help ticket recently with the similar issue I had before twice. about the payment. But instead of quick fix as expected from a previous experience I have got some questions to my personal information like Security Question, Date of Birth, log-ins etc. That made me very suspicious. It's a common knowledge that custom support never asks their customers for a password (wich is also a good remedy against phishing). But with the questions I was asked for someone could actually retrieve and change the password to my account. It was also advised to reply to the mail instead of using the built-in ticket system. I am really concerned here if there are some security issues in SL and someone is trying to steal personal information from SL accounts. Did anyone have similar issues? Thanks for your answers and thoughts.

Best Regards,

Chris Sanders aka Ermingild Resident.

yes it's completely normal support asks for info, they give you the choice to respond by email or ticket system.

By email normally goes faster. But they will not ask for CC numbers and passwords. The questions you mention are normal safety to be sure for them you are the account holder.

If the email follows on a ticket you always can check if the email is real by going to your ticketsystem, the same messge will be there too.

Thank you!

To me it appears a bit not quite logical when someone doesn't ask for a password as it's not allowed, but for a security question answer that can lead to a password. I understand that it can be done for security reasons. Just happened to me for the first time in five years of SL experiecne which made me suspisious.

BTW contacted SL support via the Live Chat and spoken to a different person who also confirmed it to be the normal procedure.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2884 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.