My Door is Missing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2856 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I live in Lionheart, a private estate. I logged in today to find that one of my doors is missing! You can imagine my surprise. When I walk into the empty spot though, I run into something. The entire house is linked. So I clicked edit, select link, and checked the door. No information shows up. I checked the other door. It has info "title: right door," etc. I can move it, etc.

The only thing I can think of is the fact that I have a new neighbor who moved in while I logged out. Could he have wandered over and done something? Even if just on accident? 

Update: I remember the house instructions advising to "lock" it in the settings. I had recently edited something, so I double checked to see if I had relocked it. Nope. I hadn't. So I "locked" it and POOF - Door reappeared, fully functional. Can anyone explain what happened?

Sometimes things just go invisible for a while. No one can do anything with your objects unless you give them permission.

What is more concerning is that your floor seems to be pulled up. This is what the doors should look like:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qzie67i81tyt16r/Screenshot%202016-06-23%2008.55.32.png?dl=0

and this is what the windows should look like:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/bgu1aypb97dv1el/Screenshot%202016-06-23%2008.58.05.png?dl=0

Update: I remember the house instructions advising to "lock" it in the settings. I had recently edited something, so I double checked to see if I had relocked it. Nope. I hadn't. So I "locked" it and POOF - Door reappeared, fully functional. Can anyone explain what happened?

Thank you Pamela (for the advice and the house!)

I had to do a lot of editing to make this house fit on my parcel. It's very possible that I somehow messed up the doors/ windows in that process. Of course, your pictures make them look way better, but I fear I'd do more harm than good if I tried to fix them now.

Pamela Galli wrote:

I think it is just your floor is too high.

You were right. Thanks! Btw, your link for instructions on linked stuff was sooooo helpful. I had no idea how much this house could be customized.

Nalytha wrote:

Pamela Galli wrote:

I think it is just your floor is too high.

You were right. Thanks! Btw, your link for instructions on linked stuff was sooooo helpful. I had no idea how much this house could be customized.

Oh good! Yes, being able to edit linked parts is the key to everything. A lot of people don't know how after years here.

Be sure to take a copy of the house every time you mod anything,

Pamela Galli wrote:

Oh good! Yes, being able to edit linked parts is the key to everything. A lot of people don't know how after years here.

Be sure to take a copy of the house every time you mod anything,

Yes, thank you! Reading those instructions was the difference between me being able to use this beautiful house on my land or not being able to, because I didn't have enough room. If I had only removed the pool, this back area didn't look right over the water so much. I constantly check the view from neighbor's plots. Bringing that back deck in further really helped. But I would have had no idea how to do it without your instructions. 

Hopefully one day, I will have enough room to keep this beautiful home in it's origional glorious size. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2856 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.