Anyone have a clue how MP storefront items are listed?

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4820 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I can't figure out what on earth "relevance" can be based on. Certainly not sales. Things that have not sold in ages are much higher than my regular, best sellers. It is really disconcerting because it makes my storefront look like such a hodgepodge.

Pamela Galli wrote:

I can't figure out what on earth "relevance" can be based on. Certainly not sales. Things that have not sold in ages are much higher than my regular, best sellers. It is really disconcerting because it makes my storefront look like such a hodgepodge.

I haven't tried this .. but it's worth a shot. Put your Avatar name and Store name in the Keywords for the items you want to appear first. You might even include it twice if you have the room. If I'm right, the "Relevance" they are referring to is one of those two names. They might also be referring to your Merchant ID Number .. that number that appears in the URL of your store listing, so you might want to include that too.

I agree though, the order they present items appears to be closely akin to filling a box with random objects, then dumping them on the floor and pronouncing them "sorted".

Pamela Galli wrote:

Okey dokey will try that, thanks! :robothappy: 

You're welcome. FYI .. I added some to my preferred top listings too. It takes up to 48 hours for them to redo the indexing for search, so by Sunday, maybe Monday we should know if it worked.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4820 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.