Teleport: Why LL don't have any places where avatar can be sent when TP Failed?

Senex Petrovic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4781 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

1) Teleport shoudn´t be a problem, Why LL don't have any places where avatar can be sent when TP Failed?

Remember some time I was teleported to a Hub explaining that teleport failed and I was sent there.

This should be the best practice / fix for any TP issues, why SL do not have any have places all around LL world where we can land when TP failed.

2) The second question is, why do we need to relog, close SL viewer and retry once again logging in from zero when a TP failed?

Because of the minimal SW ergonomy is much better to receive the message that we were logged off and from that point we might try once again logging in, but this is not what is implemented nowadays, we need to close the viewer and re open it, this is an obsolete practice for any kind of software, is the same as if any software failed in the computer the operative system needed to restart, that should'n´t be practical at all.

2 answers to this question

It depends why your TP is failing, if it was because the place that you are trying to get to is offline or some other issue, it wouldn`t bother to redirect you (like it does on login) because it will just leave you where you are.

It sounds more like you aren`t just having a TP failure, you are crashing & there could be all sorts of reasons for that, such as your avatar wearing too many scripts or your firewall  blocking outbound TCP port 12043, or having the wrong bandwidth setting etc.

How long have you had the problem and which viewer are you using?

I have received the message " The Region you are attempting to teleport to is unavailable, you have been moved to an nearby region". Maybe it says, "Your destination is unavailable, you have been moved to a nearby Region".

It's something like that.

I think a relog is needed because a refresh button might have security issues. (idk)

There should be a Stop button and an Easy button.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4781 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.