New... HELP!!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2896 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Building materials for prims can be found at the top of the viewer, under Build, at least in Firestorm Viewer, I am not very familiar with SLViewer but I think it's the same. Just go to Build > Build or Ctrl+B. If the build button is greyed out, then you are in an area where you cannot rez. To solve this, go to a sandbox.

As for textures for your builds, you can either create your own textures using a software like Photoshop or Gimp, or you may buy them from Marketplace. If you choose to make your own textures, you can upload them by going to Build > Upload > Image (L$10) or by using Ctrl+U.

To add a texture to a prim, you can drag the image from your inventory onto the prim in whcih you have created, or you can right click the prim and click edit, click texture, then click on the texture box and select the image from there. It is better to drag the image to the prim as this will put the texture on one face of the prim you have created.

If you wish to create mesh instead of prim, you must use a software such as Blender, Zbrush, or Maya. You can find tutorals on how to use these programs on YouTube.

I am not sure why your clothes are appearing invisible. I hope you have resolved this problem.

Good luck out there and welcome to Second Life.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2896 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.