Frequent crash, tried every possible viewer, same issue.!!! helppp

marsh Firecaster

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2896 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hey guys, 

Im currently using Toshiba Satellite dynabook

Specs:

Win 7 32bit

4gb ram

750 hdd

core i7 processor

Intel hd graphics 3000

ISP with 30mbps speed

Yet every viewer i have crashes frequently. Its really frustrating and makes it unuasble, im a dj and these crashes are not letting me work. Please help. 

crashes happen when im around more than 5 people and also when i cam anyone. Every viewer is upto date.

Any help will be greatfully thanked.

8 answers to this question

I can only take a guess without seeing your crash logs, but from your description I suspect you may be having out of memory crashes caused by using an old graphics driver.

Some older Intel graphics drivers had a severe memeory leak which cause frequent crashes on SL viewers, especially shortly after evtering a new region when loading lots of new textures and when camming.

If that is the cause of the problem then updating to the latest Intel graphics driver will fix it.

Use the Intel driver update utility to find the latest driver for your card: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

Your system may have locked OEM drivers, which means you may only be able to update the drivers from your laptop manufacturers website.  If that's the case, the Intel driver update utility will tell you that's what you need to do.

By all means make sure you have the latest Video Graphics Driver for your Intel HD 3000 chipset however, this "Gaming" chipset from Intel is pretty bottom of the line from Intel. It's G3D rendering score is posted below: If you are using this laptop to DJ you have plenty of power CPU-Wise but to keep it stable you'll need to crank the Graphics Quality Slider in SL to the Lowest or Low levels.

The crashing is happening because the rendering requirements on the GPU may be causing this GPU to overheat.  Make sure all ventilation slots are clear when using this lappy.

Hi whirly my drivers are up to date, viewer runs very smoothly but instantly crashes when i cam anyone or when i stay online for more than 15mins. i also use Firestorm viewer on my desktop with much lower specs than my laptop and it runs really amazing with mid setting. i also read few posts on other forums they say SL can run smoothly on intel hd 3000. why not me??? Any possible solution to run SL on my laptop without crashing? any option like external graphic card? Any help please.

While logged in on your laptop, in the top menu bar of the viewer, go to Help -> About Second Life (if on the LL viewer) or help -> About Firestorm, click the "Copy to clipboard" button & paste all your system information into a reply here.

Thanks!

You are at 74.9, 124.0, 701.4 in REZ located at sim10154.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.49.20:13009)

SLURL: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/REZ/75/124/701

(global coordinates 194,123.0, 287,612.0, 701.4)

Second Life Server 16.05.19.315570

Release Notes

CPU: Intel® Core i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz (2195.02 MHz)

Memory: 2766 MB

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 32-bit (Build 2600)

Graphics Card Vendor: Intel

Graphics Card: Intel® HD Graphics 3000

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 9.17.0010.4229

OpenGL Version: 3.1.0 - Build 9.17.10.4229

RestrainedLove API: (disabled)

libcurl Version: libcurl/7.38.0 OpenSSL/1.0.1h zlib/1.2.8

J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.6

Audio Driver Version: FMOD Ex 4.44.56

Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)

Voice Server Version: Vivox 4.6.0017.21209

Settings mode: Firestorm

Viewer Skin: Firestorm (Grey)

Font Used: Deja Vu (96 dpi)

Font Size Adjustment: 0 pt

UI Scaling: 1

Draw distance: 128 m

Bandwidth: 500 kbit/s

LOD factor: 2

Render quality: Medium-High (4/7)

Advanced Lighting Model: No

Texture memory: 512 MB (1)

VFS (cache) creation time (UTC): 2016-5-23T20:27:45

Built with MSVC version 1800

Packets Lost: 0/4,944 (0.0%)

Sorry for the slow reply here Marsh.

Ok, so you have the latest available driver for your graphics card.

I can't really guess what the cause of the crashes are without seeing your viewer logs.

Can you file a JIRA issue with Firestorm and we can get your crash logs & take a look.

Instructions on how to file a JIRA issue are here: http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/file_a_jira

Thanks!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2896 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.