AMD forcing antialiasing

ziicutie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2356 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm not sure how your card could force antialiasing if set to use application settings rather than enhance or override but antialiasing is such a complex matter. There is this thread on antialiasing on the AMD Community forum in relation to the R9 270 which you may like to read.

https://community.amd.com/thread/195762

I use an AMD R7 370 OC and the Black Dragon viewer. It uses FX AA either enabled or disabled, there is no 2x to 16x. If I disable, my fps goes up by about 8 but everything looks bad.

2 answers to this question

I'm not sure how your card could force antialiasing if set to use application settings rather than enhance or override but antialiasing is such a complex matter. There is this thread on antialiasing on the AMD Community forum in relation to the R9 270 which you may like to read.

https://community.amd.com/thread/195762

I use an AMD R7 370 OC and the Black Dragon viewer. It uses FX AA either enabled or disabled, there is no 2x to 16x. If I disable, my fps goes up by about 8 but everything looks bad.

Thanks for trying to help, but nothing in that link seemed to help in the slightest. I tried installing the drivers provided by my card manufacturer and did not seem to help at all. I actually am using the asus 270x card. Also, this form is about the 290 not the 270.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2356 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.