AMD forcing antialiasing

ziicutie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2895 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have an AMD graphics card (r9 270x) that I believe is forcing antialiasing on my viewer and forcing a few other graphical setings as well. I have tried diffrent viewers. I have also tried focing it at 2x and setting it to allow application to control the settings on the amd control panel. I have also tried diffrent versions of amd drivers, however the ones that are claimed to be the most stable are not available for windows 10. On my laptop, I have an nvidia graphics card wich has the same issue, however I am able to force the settings on the nvidia control panel. My laptop used to not have this issue before I put windows 10 on it, so I belive this may be some kind of windows 10 issue. I currently have a support ticket with second life dealing with this issue, and I think they might be having issues on their end trying to help me resolve this issue. I was wondering if anybody else has had this issue and how they resolved it.

Here are some example screen shoots of what is going on:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwyIg9lZaFcSWUxLbmVBdXFST0E&usp=sharing

Basically most of the settings, when changed, don't change the frame rate, and one of them acually lowers the frame rate when it is disabled wich is probably the most strangest bugs I have ever seen happen in my life. I could really care less if the main graphics setings are all forced to max though. What is really bothering me is that I cannot change the anti alising to 2x. When disabling it all together, it is visually disabled, however it dose not change the frame rate as if the effect is still soem how virtually applied.

2 answers to this question

I'm not sure how your card could force antialiasing if set to use application settings rather than enhance or override but antialiasing is such a complex matter. There is this thread on antialiasing on the AMD Community forum in relation to the R9 270 which you may like to read.

https://community.amd.com/thread/195762

I use an AMD R7 370 OC and the Black Dragon viewer. It uses FX AA either enabled or disabled, there is no 2x to 16x. If I disable, my fps goes up by about 8 but everything looks bad.

Thanks for trying to help, but nothing in that link seemed to help in the slightest. I tried installing the drivers provided by my card manufacturer and did not seem to help at all. I actually am using the asus 270x card. Also, this form is about the 290 not the 270.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2895 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.