Help! I am unbaking!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4781 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi,

I have this problem with my avi unbaking. I will log in everything will load and rez and then my Avi will unrez or really more like unbake. The face and clothing textures (like t-shirts) will become blurry. I hit the rebake button and every goes back to normal... for a few minutes. Then it unbakes again, I retry and same thing over and over. This seems to happen really bad at "Crossing Currents" and the region of "Hanson."  I am still using Viewer 2.4 because I think the new profiles take up too much screen space and I can not see who is online.

8 answers to this question

Does it happen when there are lots of other avies around? Check if you have avatar imposters enabled & if not try enabling that, it will make avvies that are so close to you render as 2D with less detail and allow for more detail on closer avvies.

Other things you can try are, clearing your texture cache & disabling HTTP Get Textures.

This will also happen when I am the only one on the sim. I cleared the cache already and it did not seem to help and I don't know what "HTTP Get Textures" is.

BTW after I cleared cache my shoes got all out of whack. One is black now and the other is brown. The soles of the shoes are now missing and the shoe HUD doesn't seem to be able to fix it.

HTTP Textures will be in your developers menu or possibly advanced > rendering, not sure which for that viewer. Some say to relog after disabling it.

What graphics card do you have & has the weirdness only started recently? Check for driver updates on the NVidia or AMD websites...Whichever you have.

AMD and I updated all the drivers last week. It all started when I went to Viewer 2.4 and I have only noticed it really bad in a few locations. Last Thursday I went dancing with a group of people and I don't remember it happening there. I was away from SL for two months. I saw this problem on the last day I was in SL before I left. Now that I am back I see it again. It is weird I also saw it happening on Viewer 2.6 at Zero Style when I was looking for hair last night.

In that case, I would also try different drivers. I have an ATI card too and I got the latest drivers to fix a problem (which they did) but they caused a different problem instead, so I went backwards until I found some that had no problems...In the end it was august 2010 drivers that seemed to work the best for mine. There is a page on the site for past versions.

As you only updated them last week and noticed things worse on Thursday, the new ones may not be the best for your system.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4781 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.